«Best Industry Practices – A Competitive Advantage»
με φυσική παρουσία – Divani Caravel Hotel
Ατζέντα Συνεδρίου: https://forums.capitallink.com/opexcellence/2022/agenda.html
Εγγραφή – παρακολούθηση:
Η Capital Link διοργανώνει το “12th Annual Capital Link Operational Excellence in Shipping Forum” με τίτλο «Best Industry Practices – A Competitive Advantage» το οποίο θα πραγματοποιηθεί την Πέμπτη 29 Σεπτεμβρίου 2022, με φυσική παρουσία στο Divani Caravel Hotel, στην Αθήνα.
Με μία πολύ επιτυχημένη προϊστορία 12 ετών το Συνέδριο παρουσιάζει την Επιχειρησιακή Αριστεία στον Τομέα των Θαλάσσιων Μεταφορών, διερευνά τις Βέλτιστες Πρακτικές του κλάδου σε όλους τους σημαντικούς τομείς όπως η Διαχείριση Στόλου, η Τεχνολογική Καινοτομία, η Εκπαίδευση & Διαχείριση Πληρωμάτων, η Ενεργειακή Απόδοση και το Περιβάλλον, η Προστασία και η Ασφάλεια. Θα δοθεί ιδιαίτερη έμφαση, στις λειτουργικές προκλήσεις που ακόμα προκαλεί ο Covid-19, στη βιωσιμότητα και στη μελέτη των ESG (Environmental, Social & Governance) ζητημάτων που προκύπτουν, και στις νέες προκλήσεις που αφορούν την ασφάλεια και την προστασία των πλοίων και του ανθρώπινου δυναμικού.
ΤΟ ΣΥΝΕΔΡΙΟ ΤΙΜΟΥΝ ΜΕ ΤΗ ΣΥΜΜΕΤΟΧΗ ΤΟΥΣ
OPENING KEYNOTE ADDRESS : Dr. Grahaeme Henderson OBE, Chairman – Together in Safety
Δυο Υπουργοί Ναυτιλίας, της Ελλάδος & Κύπρου
MINISTERIAL ROUNDTABLE με θέμα :
The State Of The Industry & The Road Ahead- The Role Of The State
Shipping Ministers of Greece, Cyprus
Moderator: Mr. John Platsidakis, Honorary Chairman – INTERCARGO
- H.E. Ioannis Plakiotakis, Minister of Maritime Affairs & Insular Policy – Hellenic
- H.E. Vassilios Demetriades, Shipping Deputy Minister to the President –
Republic of Cyprus
AWARD PRESENTATION & KEYNOTE ADDRESS :
“2022 CAPITAL LINK MARITIME SUSTAINABILITY AWARD”
- Award Honoree & Keynote Speaker:
Mr. Jan Dieleman, President – Cargill Ocean Transportation ; Chairman – Global Maritime Forum
- Award Honoree Introductory Remarks:
Mrs. Semiramis Paliou, CEO – Diana Shipping ; President – HELMEPA
Παρακαλούμε δείτε παρακάτω λεπτομερέστερες πληροφορίες:
Ατζέντα Συνεδρίου: https://forums.capitallink.com/opexcellence/2022/agenda.html
- Addressing Industry Challenges – Enhancing Competitiveness, Efficiency, Safety & Sustainability
- Ministerial Roundtable – The State Of The Industry & The Road Ahead – The Role Of The State
- Safety – Moving Towards A Zero Incident Future
- The Human Factor – Recruiting, Competence Building & The Welfare Of Seafarers
- Alternative Pathways To Operational Excellence And Decarbonization
- Embracing The Technological (R)evolution Taking Shipping To The Next Stage
- Optimizing Fleet Management
- Designing Ships Of The Future – Cutting Edge Technologies
- Fleet Renewal – A Necessity For Competitiveness & Decarbonization Despite The Uncertainties?
ADDRESSING INDUSTRY CHALLENGES
Enhancing Competitiveness, Efficiency, Safety & Sustainability
Panel with Heads of Major Classification Societies & Industry Associations Industry Organizations and Classification Societies work independently and together providing guidance and support to the shipping industry and mapping its response to the geopolitical, regulatory &market developments that affect shipping today. The panel will highlight the main priorities, objectives and initiatives they are working on and how they address the changing needs of the industry.
Moderator: Mr. Michalis Pantazopoulos, General Manager – Liberian Registry (LISCR Hellas)
- Mr. Matthieu De Tugny, President, Marine & Offshore – Bureau Veritas
- Mr. Philippos Phillis, President – European Community Shipowners’ Associations (ECSA); Chairman & CEO – Lemissoler Navigation
- Mr. George Pateras, President – Hellenic Chamber of Shipping; Deputy Chairman – Contships Management
- Dr. Anthony Papadimitriou, President – Alexander S. Onassis Foundation; Member of the Board – Global Maritime Forum
- Mr. Paolo Moretti, CEO – RINA SERVICES S.p.A
SAFETY – MOVING TOWARDS A ZERO INCIDENT FUTURE
Shipping is vital to the global supply chain, yet remains one of the most hazardous industries in the world. There are an increasing number of incidents and seafarer fatalities, also with significant high cost asset damage and environmental pollution claims. There is a need for stronger cooperation in the industry, and a sustained programme that is focused on leadership, showing care for the wellbeing of seafarers, and preventing major incidents from happening. The panel will discuss the opportunities, and the importance of safety in enabling the future sustainability of the shipping industry and in improving its business performance.
Panel Chaired by: Dr. Grahaeme Henderson, OBE, Chairman – Together in Safety
- Mr. Markos Nomikos, Managing Director – A.M Nomikos
- Mr. Alex Hadjipateras, EVP, Business Development – Dorian LPG
- Mr. Spyros Vlassopoulos, Managing Director – Ionic Shipping
- Mr. Andrew Taylor, CEO – UK P&I Club
THE HUMAN FACTOR – Recruiting, Competence Building & The Welfare Of Seafarers
Geopolitical events are presenting a number of operational challenges to the shipping industry and its seafarers who frequently find themselves on the front line. Seafarers are the backbone of the shipping industry – as we all witnessed during the Covid-19 pandemic – and the issues of recruitment, competence building, retention and welfare remain core challenges as shipping companies need to ensure the long-term availability of seafarers. Adding to the challenge is also the situation with on shore personnel, as the shipping industry competes with other industries for the attraction of proper talent.
Moderator: Mrs. Sharron Pamplin, Chief People Officer – Lloyds’ Register
- Captain Stylianos Dimouleas, CEO – ALMI Tankers
- Captain Faouzi Fradi, Group Director Crewing and Training – Columbia
- Captain Panagiotis Drosos, COO – Capital Ship Management Corp.
- Mr. Konstantinos Galanakis, CEO – Elvictor Group
- Mr. Harry Papadimitriou, Director Crewing – Oldendorff Carriers
ALTERNATIVE PATHWAYS TO OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE AND DECARBONIZATION
Operational Efficiency, Sustainability, Decarbonization are all interlinked and impact the competitive positioning of shipping companies as they interact with their trading and financial partners as well as their shareholders and investors. New regulatory mandates are coming into effect as of January 2023, while there are several options still under discussion as to how to achieve the longer term decarbonization objectives for 2030 and 2050. Industry self-discipline, measures to enhance operational efficiency and ultimately the selection of the proper fuel are among the options and alternatives. This panel will discuss alternative strategies followed by shipping companies.
Moderator: Mr. Elias Kariambas, Director, Regional Business Development, Greece – ABS
- Mr. Basil Sakellis, Managing Director – Alassia NewShips Management, Inc.
- Mr. Dimitrios Vastarouchas, DCOO – Danaos Corporation
- Mr. George Sarris, President – Enterprises Shipping & Trading; Managing Director – Golden Energy Management
- Mr. Michail Malliaros, General Manager – Euronav Shipmanagement
- Mr. George-Paul Perantzakis, Fleet Director – NAFTOMAR
- Mr. Stavros Niotis, Chief Sustainability Officer – Prime Marine
EMBRACING THE TECHNOLOGICAL (R)EVOLUTION – TAKING SHIPPING TO THE NEXT STAGE
Technical, commercial, and corporate operations are optimized through technology with impact on efficiency and profitability. Shipping companies are called to make choices and investment decisions prioritizing among the various areas. This panel will discuss how shipping companies evaluate and prioritize their investments in technology taking into consideration regulatory requirements and market expectations and conditions.
Moderator: Mr. George Teriakidis, Area Manager, East Mediterranean & Black Sea, Maritime – DNV
- Mr. George Papagiannopoulos, Principal – Common Progress Shipping Co.
- Mr. Fotis N. Dalmyras, CEO – Andriaki Shipping Co. Ltd.
- Mr. Tassos Tzamouranis, General Manager – Dalex Shipping Co. S.A.
- Mr. Georgios E. Poularas, CEO – ENESEL S.A.
- Mr. Martin Ackermann, CCO – Synergy Group
OPTIMIZING FLEET MANAGEMENT
Covid-19, geopolitics, global supply chain complications, new regulations, charterer, financier and investor requirements, the increasing use of technology, to name just a few factors, have created new challenges for Fleet Management. This panel will discuss how shipping companies formulate and implement Fleet Management strategies. It will also tackle the relationship between fleet size and diversity, efficiency and quality.
Moderator: Mr. Spyridon Zolotas, Senior Director – RINA
- Mr. Gregory Spourdalakis, General Manager, Greece – Columbia Shipmanagement
- Mr. Spyros Tarasis, Chief Operating Officer, Dry Bulk Fleet – Costamare Shipping Services; Vice Chairman – INTERCARGO
- Mr. Marcos C. Vassilikos, Managing Director – Eurobulk
- Mr. George Saroglou, Chief Operating Officer – TEN Ltd.
- Mr. Costas Kontes, Managing Director – VShips Greece
DESIGNING SHIPS OF THE FUTURE – Cutting Edge Technologies
Decarbonisation is currently the biggest challenge the shipping industry faces. IMO is taking the lead in tackling GHG emissions and setting the targets. Many parties are aiming for net-zero by 2050. The current ship design which is based on fossil fuels is inadequate to achieve this and we need to have ships designed for the future, especially adapted for zero-carbon or carbon neutral fuels. The industry is striving hard to achieve this, and the efforts put in by the Japanese industry in developing cutting edge technologies are showcased.
Presentation by: Dr. M. Abdul Rahim, Corporate Officer, Managing Director for Europe and Africa, ClassNK
FLEET RENEWAL – A Necessity For Competitiveness & Decarbonization Despite The Uncertainties?
What are the factors going into fleet renewal in today’s environment against the backdrop of uncertainties regarding regulations and fuels? What are the viewpoints of charterers, financiers, shareholders, investors and the broader community? What is the risk for obsolescence due to technological advancements and fuel developments? To what extent is vessel modernity and efficiency a major competitive advantage or drawback? All these are major issues going into the decision-making process of shipping companies as they have been striving to ensure their long term competitiveness.
Moderator: Mrs. Paillette Palaiologou, Vice President M&O Division, Southeast Europe, Black Sea and Adriatic (SEEBA) Zone – Bureau Veritas
- Mr. Jerry Kalogiratos, CEO – Capital Product Partners
- Mr. Aristides Pittas, CEO – Euroseas & Eurodry
- Dr. Loukas Barmparis, President – Safe Bulkers
- Mr. Nicos Rescos, COO – Star Bulk Carriers Corp.
- Mr. Vasileios Lampropoulos, COO – Thenamaris
Εγγραφή – παρακολούθηση: https://forums.capitallink.com/opexcellence/2022/signup.html
ΓΙΑ ΠΕΡΙΣΣΟΤΕΡΕΣ ΠΛΗΡΟΦΟΡΙΕΣ
Παρακαλούμε επισκεφθείτε την ιστοσελίδα του Συνεδρίου:
Κα. Όλγα Μπορνόζη – firstname.lastname@example.org
Κα. Ελένη Μπέη – email@example.com
Κα. Αθηνά Κοσμαδάκη – firstname.lastname@example.org
Τηλ.: +30 210 6109 800
CAPITAL LINK website: www.capitallink.com
CAPITAL LINK Forums website: www.capitallinkforum.com