Capital Link 5th Annual Cyprus Shipping Forum
“Cyprus Shipping – At the Forefront of Industry Developments Enhancing Competitiveness in a Fast Changing World”
Thursday, June 17, 2021
11:00am – 5:30pm Limassol time
NEW YORK, June 9, 2021
Capital Link is hosting the 5th Annual Cyprus Shipping Forum on Thursday, June 17, 2021 from 11:00am – 5:30pm Limassol time as a digital conference.
The Forum will take place under the Auspices of the Republic of Cyprus, the Cyprus Shipping Deputy Minister to the President, and with the leading sponsorship and cooperation of the Cyprus Union of Shipowners, the support of the Cyprus Shipping Chamber and by the following Organizations: CSC – Cyprus Shipping Chamber • Cyprus Investment Promotion Agency – Invest Cyprus • Cyprus Investment Funds Association (CIFA) • Cyprus Shipping Association • Association of Merchant Marine Officers • CYMEPA • Cyprus Marine Club • Cyprus Master Mariners Association • The Nautical Institute, Cyprus Branch • Young Ship Cyprus.
This year’s forum will once again feature international and Cyprus based Maritime Industry Leaders, key Industry Participants and Government Officials, who will discuss the latest geopolitical, regulatory, industry and financial trends and developments, such as compliance with low sulfur and decarbonization regulations, the impact of technology and access to capital, the outlook of the various shipping sectors, shipmanagement and more.
Cyprus is a leading and growing shipmanagement and shipowning center with a robust, versatile and efficient maritime cluster. The event will be open to the buy and sell side communities as well as the media.
This year’s forum will once more feature industry leaders from all over the world, connected on-line and addressing a global audience.
For the fifth year in a row, the Conference Chairman of the Forum will be Mr. George A. Tsavliris, Principal of Tsavliris Salvage Group, elected Chairman – INTERMEPA (International Marine Environment Protection Association), Chairman – CYMEPA (Cyprus Marine Environmental Protection Association), Member of the Board of Directors of the Cyprus Union of Shipowners and Honorary Chairman – Tsavliris Cultural Foundation.
Registration is Complimentary here: https://forumshippingcyprus2021.capitallink.com/en
- Opening Keynote Remarks
- The Attractiveness Of Cyprus As An International Maritime Center
- Expanding The Shipowning Base In Cyprus & Reinforcing The Cyprus Registry & Flag – Incentives & Advantages
- Cyprus As A Global Shipmanagement Hub – What’s Next
- Fostering Environmental Sustainability – Green Initiatives :Global – Eu & Regional Policy – Regulatory & Market Developments & Taxation Schemes
- Addressing The Crewing Crisis – The Cyprus Approach : Focusing On Vaccinations – Crew Welfare – Maritime Training
- The Shipowners’ Perspective – Navigating Through Industry Transformation In A Fast-Changing World
- A Regional Financial Hub – Cypriot Banks Stay The Course
- Accelerating Digital Transformation: Connecting Ships – Ports – People – Enhancing Efficiency & Competitiveness
- Mr. Ilias Tsakiris, CEO – American Hellenic Insurance Co.
- Mr. Nicholas Pavlidis, Head of Shipping – Bank of Cyprus
- Mr. Konstantinos Chatzitolios, Project Development Leader for Greece, Cyprus & Malta – Bureau Veritas
- Mr. Mark O’Neil, President & CEO – Columbia Shipmanagement
- Mr. Andreas Hadjipetrou, Managing Director – Columbia Shipmanagement
- Mr. Andreas Hadjiyiannis, President – Cyprus Sea Lines Shipping; President – Cyprus Union of Shipowners
- Mr. Pieris Markou, CEO – Deloitte Cyprus
- Mr. Stamatis Fradelos, Manager, Business Development – DNV
- Mr. Constantinos Milios, Head of Shipping Finance – Eurobank Cyprus Ltd
- Mr. Aristides Pittas, Chairman and CEO – Eurodry; Chairman & CEO – Euroseas
- Mr. Sunil Kapoor, Director – FML Ship Management Limited
- Mr. Antonios Spanakis, Head of Shipping – Hellenic Bank
- Mr. Dieter Rohdenburg, CEO – Intership Navigation
- Mr. Philippos Philis, Chairman & CEO – Lemissoler Navigation; President Elect – European Community Shipowners Association (ECSA)
- Mr. Theodosis Stamatellos, Marine & Offshore Regional Manager, South Europe Lloyd’s Register Group Area Lead – Lloyd’s Register
- Mr. Philip Hadjisoteriou, Client Relationship Manager – Lloyd’s Register
- Mr. Jan Meyering, Joint Managing Director – Marlow Navigation Co.
- Mr. Adam Montanios, Managing Partner – Montanios & Montanios LLC
- Mrs. Maria Toumazi, Partner – Montanios & Montanios LLC
- Mr. Prabhat Kumar Jha, Group Managing Director – MSC Shipmanagement
- Mr. Peter-Michael Haddad, General Manager – OneNovation
- Ms. Julia Anastasiou, Deputy Managing Director – OSM Maritime Group
- Mr. Petros Achtypis, CEO – Prevention at Sea
- Ms. Ioanna Procopiou, CEO – Prominence Maritime
- Mr. Ioannis Efstratiou, Head of Marine Environment Unit, Shipping Deputy Ministry – Republic of Cyprus
- Mr. Neophytos Papadopoulos, Permanent Secretary, Deputy Ministry of Shipping – Republic of Cyprus
- Mr. Vassilios Demetriades, Shipping Deputy Minister to the President – Republic of Cyprus
- Spyridon Zolotas, Senior Director – RINA
- Michela Schenone, Marine Digital Solutions Manager –RINA
- Mr. Christos Karavos, Director, Hotel Operations – Royal Caribbean
- Mr. Polys Hajioannou, CEO – Safe Bulkers; Vice President – Cyprus Union of Shipowners
- Dr. Loukas Barmparis, President – Safe Bulkers
- Dr. Oleg Kalinin, Managing Director – SCF Management Services (Cyprus) Ltd.
- Ms. Charis Plakantonaki, Chief Strategy Officer – Star Bulk Carriers
- Mrs. Nicole Mylona, CEO – Transmed Shipping Co. Ltd
- Mr. George A. Tsavliris, Principal – Tsavliris Salvage Group
- Mr. Roine Ahlquist, Managing Director – Tufton Asset Management
- Mr. Alastair Evitt, Managing Director – V. Ships Limited
THE FORUM IS ORGANIZED:
UNDER THE AUSPICES OF: Republic of Cyprus and the Cyprus Shipping Deputy Minister to the President
LEAD SPONSOR: Cyprus Union of Shipowners
GLOBAL GOLD SPONSORS: Columbia Shipmanagement • DNV
GLOBAL SPONSORS: Bureau Veritas • Lloyds Register • RINA
EVENT SPONSORS: The American Club • American Hellenic Hull • Deloitte • Euroseas Ltd. • FML ShipManagement Limited • Montanios & Montanios LLC • Safe Bulkers, Inc. • Star Bulk Carriers
SUPPORTING SPONSORS: Flott & Co. PC • Marsh Cyprus • MCTC Marine • Mental Health Support Solutions (MHSS) • OneLearn Global
SUPPORTING ORGANIZATIONS: Cyprus Shipping Chamber • Cyprus Investment Promotion Agency – Invest Cyprus • Cyprus Investment Funds Association (CIFA) • Cyprus Shipping Association • CYMEPA • Cyprus Master Mariners Association • Cyprus Marine Club • The Nautical Institute • Association of Merchant Marine Officers • Young Ship Cyprus
MEDIA PARTNERS: All About Shipping Co. UK • ANTENNA • Athens – Macedonian News Agency • Baird Maritime • Country Profiler • Economia Group • Maritimes.gr • Naftika Chronika • OMEGA TV • Shipping International Monthly Review
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Please visit: http://forums.capitallink.com/shipping/2021cyprus/
Mrs. Olga Bornozi & Mrs. Eleni Bej & Mrs. Athena Kosmadaki
or tel.: New York: + 1 212 661 7566 & Athens: +30 210 6109800
For sponsorship opportunities please contact: Nicolas Bornozis, Olga Bornozi or Anny Zhu at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 (212) 661-7566.
Capital link websites:
CAPITAL LINK’S VIRTUAL INITIATIVES – KEEPING THE INDUSTRY CONNECTED
Adapting to Current Reality – Constant pulse on the market & environment
Quickly adapting to the unique challenges brought by the pandemic, Capital Link hosted full scale digital conferences in 2020 keeping the information flow uninterrupted and the industry connected – through live panel/presentation sessions & real-time video networking among delegates. Our virtual conferences are now integrated into our digital product line, along with our webinars, podcasts, and dedicated maritime website – adding a unique and complementary benefit to all our industry partners.
Since 2020, to date, we have hosted 19 full scale global digital conferences and 25 webinars, boasting a total of 202 virtual sessions, that featured industry experts and thought leaders. Attracting 28,500+ delegates from all over the world, we also held over 700 1×1 or small group on-line meetings, a unique track record, growing our extensive investor network.
Founded in 1995, Capital Link is a New York based investor relations, financial communications and advisory firm with a strategic focus on the maritime, commodities and energy sectors, MLPs, as well as Closed-End Funds and ETFs. Based in New York City, Capital Link has presence in London, Athens & Oslo. Capital Link is a member of the Baltic Exchange and works very closely with the New York Stock Exchange, NASDAQ and the London Stock Exchange as well as with major international and supranational organizations and industry associations in the areas of the firm’s strategic concentration.
Our proactive approach, which integrates Investor Relations, Information Technology and Media, enhances awareness and branding for our clients through tailored outreach programs targeting analysts, institutional and individual investors and the financial media complemented by extensive and uniquely powerful marketing platforms. Capital Link offers a full suite of services including strategic and corporate advisory, investor relations, media relations, public and industry relations and the organization of corporate events. Capital Link is also known for the organization of large scale, high quality Investment Forums focusing on maritime transportation and U.S. investment products in key industry centers, such as New York, London, Oslo, Hamburg, Athens, Limassol, Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo and Hong Kong. We organize a series of 17 conferences annually, of which 14 are focused on the maritime sector. The Capital Link Investment Forums feature industry leaders and draw the elite of the global financial and investment communities. The Capital Link brand is widely-recognized and valued worldwide by participants in these communities for combining rich informational and educational content with as well as superior networking opportunities. In addition to conferences, Capital Link organizes Webinars focusing on investment strategies, sectors, critical topics of interest to the investment community and company presentations. Capital Link’s global marketing platform enhances the visibility and reach of these events on a global scale that lasts well beyond the date on which each event is held, becoming a continuous reference point for market participants.
Capital Link’s efforts have been recognized by the 2011 Lloyds’s List Greek Shipping Awards, in 2012 and 2013 by the InterContinental Finance Magazine and in 2016 by the Wealth & Finance Magazine, Also, by the International Propeller Club of the United States and AHI-American Hellenic Institute.