19th Annual Digital Closed–End Funds & Global ETFs Forum
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 10, 2020 – DIGITAL CONFERENCE
8:00 AM – 4:00 PM EST
Capital Link’s 19th Annual Closed–End Funds & Global ETFs Forum will take place on September 10, 2020, as a digital event in cooperation with New York Stock Exchange – NYSE. Calamos Investments is the Lead Sponsor.
With a 19–year track record, Capital Link’s Annual Closed–End Funds & Global ETFs Forum is the longest running investment forum with significant branding and recognition in the industry. It updates the broader investment community on the latest trends, developments and investment strategies using Closed–End Funds, MLPs, BDCs, and Exchange Traded Funds.
This conference brings together financial advisors, institutional investors, RIAs, private bankers, financial planners, fund and asset managers, analysts, and financial media utilize this forum not only as a resource for sharing and evaluating the latest CEF and ETF products and trends, but also as an interactive platform for enhancing visibility and establishing the right connections.
The event will focus on topics of critical interest for the CEF and ETF space and also on investment strategies involving CEFs & ETFs.
It is a privilege to have three industry gurus participating at a roundtable discussion and sharing their unique insight on the current investment climate and its outlook, as well as on the developments in the CEF & ETF space: Tracy Maitland, President and Chief Investment Officer of Advent Capital Management, LLC, John P. Calamos, Founder, Chairman and Global CIO of Calamos Investments and Mario Gabelli, CFA, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer of GAMCO Investors, Inc. and LICT Corp. The session will be moderated by John Koudounis, CEO of Calamos Investments.
The KEYNOTE ADDRESS will be delivered by Ms. Susan Thompson, EVP, Head of SPDR Americas Distribution of State Street Global Advisors.
Finally, as is tradition, the forum will feature speakers from the top firms dominating the investment space: Aberdeen Standard Investments, Advent Capital Management, LLC, BNY Mellon, Calamos Investments, Clifford Chance US LLP, DWS, Eaton Vance, Fidelity Investments, Fitch Ratings, GAMCO Investors, Goldman Sachs Asset Management, IndexIQ, Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, Nuveen Investments, Stifel, Wells Fargo Investment Institute, YieldStreet and more.
Who Should Attend?
Institutional Investors • Registered Investment Advisors • Financial Advisors • Financial Planners • Private Bankers • Securities Analysts • Retail and Institutional Brokers • CEF Industry Specialist & Analysts • ETF Industry Specialists & Analysts • Financial Press & Media
Registration is complimentary.
This Forum has been approved for 5.5 CFP CE Credits.
LIVE PRESENTATIONS/PANEL SESSIONS WILL BE DELIVERED IN VIDEO FORMAT
- View and listen to our Speakers from across the world!
- Live Q&A
EXHIBITION HALL WITH DIGITAL BOOTHS
- Visit our Sponsor booths to obtain the latest industry and financial reports, white papers, company videos, latest presentations and more
- All materials can be saved into your briefcase and reviewed at your convenience
- Chat with company representatives in their booths
LIVE VIDEO/AUDIO/CHAT NETWORKING IN REAL TIME
- Network with your favorite speakers, sponsors and participants in real time!
- Visit the networking lounge to exchange ideas and to meet new contacts or say Hi to old friends
DOΟRS OPEN 8:00 AM – 8:55 – Network & Connect Virtually With Delegates
WELCOME REMARKS: Mr. Nicolas Bornozis, President & CEO – Capital Link
PANEL & PRESENTATION TOPICS
CEF Industry Roundtable
9:00 AM – 9:40 AM
Moderator: Mariana Fariña Bush, CFA, Research Director – CEFs & ETPs/Passive Products – Wells Fargo Investment Institute
• Robert F. Bush, Jr., Senior Vice President – Calamos Investments
• Jonathan Isaac, Director of Product Management – Eaton Vance
• Dave Lamb, Vice President – Nuveen Investments
ETF Industry Roundtable
9:45 AM – 10:25 AM
Moderator: Douglas Yones, Head of Exchange Traded Products – New York Stock Exchange
• Jason Ronca, ETF Capital Markets Specialist – BNY Mellon
• Luke Oliver, Managing Director, Head of Index Investing, Americas – DWS
• Greg Friedman, Head of ETF Management and Strategy – Fidelity Investments
• Jon Zimmerman, Chief Operating Officer – IndexIQ
Alternative Income Generation Strategies
REITs, Real Estate Interval Funds, Preferreds & Convertibles
10:30 AM – 11:10 AM
Moderator: John F. Duggan, Vice President – Morgan Stanley Wealth Management
• Svitlana Gubriy, Head of Global REIT Funds – Aberdeen Standard Investments
• Barry Nelson, CFA, Partner, Senior Advisor – Advent Capital Management, LLC
• Collin Bell, Managing Director, Global Head of Client Portfolio Management, Fundamental Equity – Goldman Sachs Asset Management
11:40 AM – 12:00 PM
Susan Thompson, EVP, Head of Americas Distribution for SPDR ETFs – State Street Global Advisors
12:05 PM – 12:45 PM
Moderator: Robert F. Bush, Jr., Senior Vice President – Calamos Investments
• Michael Jabara, Managing Director and Head of ETF & CEF Research – Morgan Stanley
• Alex Reiss, Director – Stifel
• Mariana Fariña Bush, CFA, Research Director – CEFs & ETPs/Passive Products – Wells
Fargo Investment Institute
The YieldStreet Prism Fund – An entirely new Closed End Fund
12:50 PM – 1:10 PM
The section remarks will be delivered by Michael Weisz, Founder & President – YieldStreet.
Use of Leverage in CEFs
(Organized by Fitch Ratings)
1:15 PM – 1:55 PM
Greg Fayvilevich, Senior Director – Fitch Ratings
Rebirth of New CEFs Brought to Market & Looking Ahead
2:00 PM – 2:40 PM
Moderator: Clifford R. Cone, Partner – Clifford Chance US LLP
• Finbar Ward, Vice President – Morgan Stanley Wealth Management
• William Meyers, Senior Managing Director – Nuveen Investments
• Mark A. Charles, Director, Equity Capital Markets – Wells Fargo Securities, LLC
“Industry Leaders on Challenges & Opportunities”
A Roundtable Discussion among CEOs
2:45 PM – 3:45 PM
Moderator: John Koudounis, CEO – Calamos Investments
· Tracy Maitland, President and Chief Investment Officer – Advent Capital Management, LLC
· John P. Calamos, Founder, Chairman and Global CIO – Calamos Investments
· Mario Gabelli, CFA, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer – GAMCO Investors, Inc. and LICT Corp
Thank you for attending – Networking Reception
A 1–hour virtual networking reception will close the evening
For further information, please visit: