“24thANNUAL CAPITAL LINK INVEST IN GREECE FORUM”
“Sustaining Growth & Investment Momentum”
19 Sessions – 71 Top Level Speakers
An International Summit about the Greek Economy & Investment Opportunities
Featuring top US and International Investors, Government & Business Leaders, Global Investment Banks & Institutions & the Greek Government
FRIDAY DECEMBER 9, 2022
IN PERSON EVENT – IN NEW YORK
“Sustaining Growth & Investment Momentum” is the title of this year’s flagship forum of Capital Link, the «Capital Link Invest in Greece Forum». The event in its 24th year anniversary will be held on Friday, December 9, 2022, as an in-person event, at the Metropolitan Club in New York. The Forum is organized in cooperation with the New York Stock Exchange, the Athens Stock Exchange and major Global Investment Banks and Organizations, under the Auspices of the Consulate General of Greece in New York. JP MORGAN & Tsakos Energy Navigation (TEN) Ltd. are Lead Sponsors of the Forum.
The “Capital Link Invest in Greece Forum” is an International Summit about Greece hosted in New York. With a 23-year track record, this Forum, has been engaged in a systematic effort to promote Greece as a business and investment destination to a global audience. The Conference will outline in a comprehensive and thorough way the latest developments and the prospects of the Greek economy, aiming at highlighting the business and investment opportunities presented in the country and in the wider region.
Greece has made a notable rebound in the eyes of both the global capital markets and the international investment community in recent years. The significant transformation of the country’s investment and economic climate has resulted in a flurry of new and exciting investment activity in the country, signaling a new path forward for Greece, one of modernization, stability, and trust.
This new era of economic growth is due in part to ambitious reforms, immense brainpower and entrepreneurship, and hope for the future in Greece, making the country an appealing destination for foreign investors, despite the uncertainties caused by the many consequences of the pandemic and the war in Ukraine.
The Greek delegation comprising of senior government officials, led by the Prime Minister, and a group of private sector business leaders, will update a global audience on the reforms, developments and outlook of the Greek economy and each of the main sectors highlighting trends, challenges and opportunities. Furthermore, a group of international investors financiers, and bankers as well as representatives from major Greek and European Organizations, will share their insight on Greece as a business and investment destination.
The Prime Minister of Greece, H.E. Kyriakos Mitsotakis, will open the Forum (via webcast) and deliver the Greek Government’s message to international investors, titled “Sustaining Growth & Investment Momentum”.
The Conference will conclude with a formal dinner, which will focus on the close business and political ties between the US and Greece, with government representation from both countries as well as the presence of prominent Greek-American elected officials in the US government (Representatives and Senators). The dinner will also be attended by investors, finance and business executives.
PANEL & PRESENTATION TOPICS:
- The Prime Minister’s Message – “Sustaining Growth & Investment Momentum” (via webcast)
- Greek Economy Roundtable – Greece At The Doorstep Of Investment Grade – Implications For The Business & Investment Landscape
- A New Era For The Greek Capital Markets – Opportunities for Issuers & Investors
- Government Economic Policy & Objectives
- The Ellinikon Project In Full Swing
- The European Recovery Fund – A Unique Opportunity For Greece – Mobilizing 60 billion Euros of Investments
- Infrastructure Projects Transforming Greece – Business & Investment Opportunities
- Transatlantic Partnership to Advance Energy Security and the Clean Energy Transition
- The New Energy Landscape In Greece
- Tourism & Hospitality – Enhancing Greece’s Attractiveness & Competitiveness
- Greek Banking Sector – Growth & Development Outlook
- Will The Energy Crisis Reverse Greece’s Momentum?
- Real Estate – Investment Opportunities In An Ever Expanding Sector
- Why Greece – The International Investor Perspective
- Capturing Investment Opportunities In SMEs
- Managing Liquidity & Funding Through Interest Rate Volatility – Implications For Issuers & Investors
- Investment Opportunities In The Healthcare Sector In Greece
The Forum will be honored by the participation of the following officials:
- The Prime Minister of Greece, H.E. Kyriakos Mitsotakis, will open the Forum (via webcast) and deliver the Greek Government’s message to international investors, titled “Sustaining Growth & Investment Momentum”.
- GREEK GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS:
- E Christos Staikouras, Minister of Finance
- E Adonis Georgiadis, Minister of Development & Investments
- E. Konstantinos Skrekas – Minister of Environment & Energy
- E. Theodore Skylakakis – Alternate Minister of Finance
- E. Yannis Tsakiris, Deputy Minister of Development & Investments, Public Investments & NSRF
- Olympia Anastasopoulou, Secretary General for Tourism Policy and Development, Attorney-at-Law, LLM, MBA, Mediator
- Orestis Kavalakis, Secretary General of Private Investments & PPPs – Ministry of Development & Investments
- Dimitrios Tsakonas, Director General – Public Debt Management Agency (P.D.M.A)
- Michael Arghyrou, Chairman of Council of Economic Advisors – Hellenic Republic
- Vassilis Kontozamanis, Advisor to the Prime Minister for Health – Hellenic Republic
- REPRESENTATIVES OF THE US DEPARTMENT OF STATE:
- Mr. Geoffrey R. Pyatt, Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Energy Resources, and
- Ms. Erika Olson, Deputy Assistant Secretary- Bureau of European and Eurasian Affairs
Mr. Yianos Kontopoulos, CEO – ATHEX Group will represent ATHEX Group, and Dr. Vassiliki Lazarakou JSD, Chair –
Hellenic Capital Market Commission; Member – Management Board of the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) ; Member of the IOSCO Board, will represent the Hellenic Capital Market Commission.
- The Forum opens with the speech of E Christos Staikouras, Minister of Finance
- Luncheon Opening Remarks: Nikolas P. Tsakos, Founder, President & CEO – TEN Ltd. and Mr. Takis Georgakopoulos, Global Head of Payments, Managing Director – JP Morgan.
- Luncheon Keynote address: E. Adonis Georgiadis, Minister of Development & Investments
Keynote Remarks: Mr. Nikos Stathopoulos – Chairman of Europe – BC Partners
- Global Investment Banks
Goldman Sachs International • JP Morgan • Barclays • BNP Paribas • Nomura International • AXIA Ventures Group • Ambrosia Capital
- European Organizations
European Central Bank
- Listed Companies
- ATHEX Group
- Aegean Airlines
- Alpha Bank
- National Bank of Greece
- Athens Water Supply & Sewage Company SA (EYDAP)
- AUTO HELLAS
- ELLAKTOR S.A.
- GEK Terna Group
- HELLENiQ ENERGY Holdings
- LAMDA Development
- OTE Group of Companies
- Public Power Corporation – PPC
- PRODEA Investments
- Trastor REIC
- International Investors
- BC Partners
- Brookstreet Equity Partners
- HIG Capital
- Hotel Investment Partners (HIP)
- RWE Energy Transition Investments
- International Companies
- DBRS Morningstar
- Eldorado Gold
- Flott & Co. PC
- McKinsey & Company, Greece & Cyprus
- Oliver Wyman
- ONEX Shipyards & Technologies Group
- SAVILLS HELLAS
- Other Companies/Organizations
- DECA Investments
- Dimand SA
- Ellikonos Capital Partners
- EOS Capital Partners
- Ethiniki Insurance
- Epikast Inc
- Greek National Tourism Organization (GNTO)
- Hellenic Capital Market Commission
- Intelligencia Inc.
- Qualco Group
- York Studios
- GLOBAL SHIPPING COMPANIES
- Navios Maritime Partners L.P.
- Tsakos Energy Navigation – TEN Ltd.
Award Ceremony – Official Dinner
«2022 Hellenic Capital Link Leadership Award»
The Forum concludes with an official Dinner honoring with the “2022 Capital Link Hellenic Leadership Award”, Mr. Panos Papazoglou, Managing Partner, EY Greece for his outstanding contribution to Greece. Mr. Papazoglou will be introduced by Mr. Vassilios Psaltis, CEO – Alpha Bank.
H.E. Alexandra Papadopoulou, Ambassador of Greece to the United States, will deliver Welcome Remarks.
Mrs. Erika Olson, Deputy Assistant Secretary, Bureau of European and Eurasian Affairs – U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE, will deliver the KEYNOTE ADDRESS.
The Capital Link Hellenic Leadership Award is presented annually to a person or an organization for outstanding contribution in fostering closer ties between Greece and the global business and investment community. Previous honorees were in 2012, Mr. Andrew N. Liveris, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of The Dow Chemical Company, in 2013, Mr. John Calamos, Chairman, CEO & Global Co-Chief Investment Officer of Calamos Investments, in 2014, Mr. George Logothetis, Chairman and CEO of Libra Group and in 2015, Dr. Anthony Papadimitriou, President to the Board of Directors of Alexander S. Onassis Foundation & Managing Partner of “A.S. Papadimitriou & Partners Law Firm, in 2016, Mr. Wilbur L. Ross, Chairman & Chief Strategy Officer of WL Ross & Co., in 2017, Mr. Andre Calantzopoulos, CEO – Philip Morris International, in 2018, Mr. Evangelos Mytilineos, Chairman & CEO of Mytilineos, in 2019, Mr. John Paulson, President & Portfolio Manager – Paulson & Co. Inc., and in 2021, Mr. Alex Fotakidis, Partner & Head of Greece – CVC Capital Partners.
Thursday, December, 8, 2022
«GREEK AMERICAN ISSUER DAY» at the New York Stock Exchange
On Thursday, December, 8, 2022, within the context of the “24th Annual Capital Link Invest in Greece Forum”, the New York Stock Exchange in cooperation with Capital Link organize a special ceremony honoring the “Greek American Issuer Day at NYSE”, during which Greek & Greek American companies listed on the New York Stock Exchange will ring the “Closing Bell” – at NYSE-New York Stock Exchange. The event will be broadcasted live on major news stations in the United States and abroad to an audience of millions of viewers worldwide and it is an event of unique visibility throughout the world.
As in previous years, the Forum will provide foreign investors with unique networking opportunities through one-to-one meetings with listed and not listed companies, as well as, with members of the Greek Government Delegation https://forums.capitallink.com/greece/2022/signup-1×1.html
THE FORUM IS ORGANIZED:
IN COOPERATION WITH: New York Stock Exchange & Athex Group
UNDER THE AUSPICES: Consulate General of Greece in New York
Lead Sponsors: JP Morgan • Tsakos Energy Navigation – TEN Ltd., has been lead sponsor for the last 14 years.
Gold Sponsors: Barclays • BNP Paribas • EY • Goldman Sachs • Nomura
Grand Sponsors: Alpha Bank • AXIA Ventures Group • Eurobank • Greek National Tourism Organisation (GNTO) • HELLENiQ ENERGY Holdings • National Bank of Greece • Qualco Group • Reed Smith
Sponsors: Saplegal – A.S. Papadimitriou & Partners Law Firm • Aegean Airlines • Ambrosia Capital • Bernitsas Law • COSTAMARE • DLA Piper • ELLAKTOR S.A. • Ethiniki Insurance • Athens Water Supply & Sewage Company SA (EYDAP) • GEK Terna Group • Lambadarios Law Firm • LAMDA Development • Machas & Partners Law Firm • Masouros & Partners Attorneys • Milbank • Oliver Wyman • ONEX Shipyards & Technologies Group • Opap • OTE Group of Companies • POTAMITISVEKRIS • Public Power Corporation – PPC • PRODEA Investments • SAVILLS HELLAS • Trastor REIC
Supporting Sponsors: Brookstreet Equity Partners • DECA Investments • Dimand SA • Eldorado Gold • EOS Capital Partners • Flott & Co. PC
Supporting Companies: BC Partners • CVC • DBRS Morningstar • Hotel Investment Partners (HIP) • RWE Energy Transition Investments
Breakfast Sponsor: Arabatzis
Dinner Sponsor: York Studios
Cocktail Sponsor: Navios Maritime Partners
SUPPORTING ORGANIZATIONS: Under the auspices of the Consulate General of Greece in New York • Trade Office – Consulate General of Greece in New York • Ministry of Foreign Affairs, General Secretariat for Greeks Abroad and Public Diplomacy, Hellenic Republic • AHEPA • AHEPA Delphi Chapter 25 • American Hellenic Institute (AHI) • Cyprus – US Chamber of Commerce • Endeavor • European American Chamber of Commerce, New York • European Financial Management Association (EFM) • Hellenic Professional Women Inc. • Hellenic American Bankers Association – HABA • Hellenic American Chamber of Commerce • Hellenic American Women’s Council (HAWK) • Hellenic Lawyers Association • The Hellenic Initiative • World Hellenic Inter-Parliamentary Association (PADEE-WHIA)
MEDIA PARTNERS: Ant1 • Ant1 Satellite • Athens – Macedonian News Agency • Αναμνήσεις • AllAboutShipping.co.UK • Εθνικός Κήρυξ – The National Herald • Banking News • Hellas Journal By Mignatiou.Com • Hellenic News of America • Hellenic DNA • NGTV • Oikonomiki Epitheorisi – Greek Business File • World Energy News
For further information, please contact:
NEW YORK // Ms. Olga Bornozi & Ms. Eleni Bej
ATHENS // Ms. Athena Kosmadaki & Ms. Victoria Tsoukala
Tel.: +30 210 6109800
Email : email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ;
Founded in 1995, Capital Link is a New York based investor relations, financial communications and advisory firm with a strategic focus on the maritime, commodities and energy sectors, MLPs, as well as Closed-End Funds and ETFs. Based in New York City, Capital Link has presence in London, Athens & Oslo. The company is a member of the Baltic Exchange and works very closely with the New York Stock Exchange, NASDAQ and the London Stock Exchange as well as with major international and supranational organizations and industry associations in the areas of the firm’s strategic concentration.
Capital Link offers a full suite of services including strategic and corporate advisory, investor relations, media relations, public and industry relations and the organization of corporate events. Our proactive approach integrates Investor Relations, Information Technology and Media, enhancing awareness and branding for our clients through tailored outreach programs targeting analysts, institutional and individual investors and the financial media complemented by extensive and uniquely powerful marketing platforms.
Capital Link is also known for the organization of large scale, high quality Forums and Webinars the majority of which focus on maritime transportation and U.S. investment products, in the United States, Europe and Asia, in key industry centers, such as New York, London, Oslo, Hamburg, Athens, Limassol, Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo and Hong Kong, featuring industry leaders focusing on investment strategies, sectors, critical topics of interest to the investment community that draw the elite of the global financial, investment and business communities.
The Capital Link brand is widely-recognized and valued worldwide by participants in these communities for combining rich informational and educational content with as well as superior networking opportunities with a global marketing platform that enhances the visibility and reach of these events on a global scale that lasts well beyond the date on which each event is held, becoming a continuous reference point for market participants.
Capital Link’s efforts have been recognized by the 2011 Lloyds’s List Greek Shipping Awards, in 2012 and 2013 by the InterContinental Finance Magazine and in 2016 by the Wealth & Finance Magazine, Also, by the International Propeller Club of the United States and AHI-American Hellenic Institute.