In cooperation with the Hong Kong Government, Capital Link is honored to organize the 2nd Annual Hong Kong Maritime Forum which will take place on Tuesday, December 1, 2020 from 2:00 – 8:10pm (Hong Kong time zone ) as a digital event. The event is also held in cooperation with InvestHK.
Mr. Chan Fan, Frank JP, Secretary for Transport & Housing – The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region; Chairman – Hong Kong Maritime and Port Board will honor the Forum by delivering the keynote opening address.
There are several initiatives under way aiming to reinforce Hong Kong’s position as a major hub for the global shipping industry, which will be highlighted during the Forum and the HKMW.
The Forum will discuss hot topics of critical significance for the industry and Hong Kong, featuring industry leaders from the global and the Hong Kong maritime communities. Discussions include: Hong Kong as a Global Maritime Hub, geopolitics and upcoming environmental regulations, the changing landscape in finance and capital markets, the significance of seafarers’ welfare & training, and the future direction of the industry and its transformational impact on shipping.
The Forum will provide an overview of the developments and outlook of the various shipping markets and will discuss topics on the Greater Bay Area, the challenges of technology and the environmental regulations, the changing landscape in finance and capital markets, the significance of seafarers welfare & training, and will conclude with high level discussions on the future direction of the industry and its transformational impact on shipping.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Commercial and Investment Bankers • Charterers • Classification Societies • Commodity and Energy Traders • Finance Providers • Financial Advisors • Financial and Trade Media • Hedge Fund Managers • Institutional Investors • P&I Executives • Lawyers and Insurers • Market Analysts and Consultants • Private Equity Firms • Risk Advisors • Ship Managers • Ship Operators • Shipowners • Shipbrokers • Sovereign Wealth Funds • Venture Capital Firms
There is no participation fee
Please register online at: http://forums.capitallink.com/shipping/2020hongkong/index.html
DETAILED AGENDA TOPICS
Welcome Remarks: Mr. Nicolas Bornozis, President – Capital Link, Inc.
HONG KONG’S MARITIME COMMUNITY – LOOKING THROUGH THE HOURGLASS – A JOURNEY IN TIME
A travel through time – Looking back before we look forward. Taking stock of how HK came to the present point, how and why it has become an international shipping center. Take lessons for the future. An introductory presentation and a roundtable discussion with owners who shared in the history and participated in the process.
Mr. Tim Huxley, CEO – Mandarin Shipping
- Tim Huxley, CEO – Mandarin Shipping
- Richard Hext, Chairman – Vanmar Shipping; Chairman – Hong Kong Maritime Museum
- Kenneth C.K. Koo, Group Chairman & CEO – TCC Group
- Hing Chao, Executive Chairman – Wah Kwong Maritime Transport Holdings
Mr. Chan Fan, Frank JP, Secretary for Transport & Housing – The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region; Chairman – Hong Kong Maritime and Port Board
MANAGING A GLOBAL FLEET OUT OF HONG KONG – WHAT’S NEXT FOR SHIPMANAGEMENT
A discussion among leading third-party ship managers and shipping companies with inhouse management on how they are handling today’s challenges and preparing for the future. The panel will also discuss the infrastructure, resources and advantages of Hong Kong as an operating center. It will address lessons learned from the COVID-19 experience and how these are likely to impact shipping operations after the pandemic. Also, the preparedness of the industry to meet rapid changes changing place across all areas of shipping operations, crewing, communications, procurement, port complications, shipyard delays, charter disputes, and more.
Moderator: Mr. Mario Moretti, Asia Marine Senior Director – RINA
- Peter Cremers, Chairman – Anglo-Eastern Group; Vice-President – BIMCO
- Captain Firoze Mirza, Managing Director – Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement
- Angad Banga, Chief Operating Officer – Caravel Group / Fleet Management Ltd.
- Capt Sanjeev Verma, Managing Director – Landbridge Ship Management (HK) Limited
- Captain Zhou, Managing Director – Wah Kwong Maritime Transport Holdings
SEAFARERS & CREWING IN THE COVID 19 ERA & BEYOND – HONG KONG INITIATIVES
Moderator: Mr. Matthew Treadwell, Vice President, Hong Kong & Taiwan – Lloyd’s Register
- Bjorn Hojgaard, CEO – Anglo-Eastern Univan Group; Chairman – The Hong Kong Shipowners Association
- Mark O’Neil, President – Columbia Shipmanagement
- Captain T.T. Chung, General Secretary – Merchant Navy Officers’ Guild – Hong Kong; Fair Practice Committee and FPC Steering Group Member – International Transport Workers’ Federation (ITF)
- Stephen Cotton, General Secretary – International Transport Workers’ Federation (ITF)
- Terence Zhao Wei, Founder & Managing Director – Singhai Marine Services
HONG KONG AS A LEGAL & ARBITRATION HUB – NEW INITIATIVES
The use of English Common Law has enabled HK to solidify its position as a main arbitration and legal jurisdiction hub in Asia. The panel will discuss developments and the outlook across main areas of the legal services (litigation, deal making, finance and admiralty law), arbitration.
Introductory Remarks – Hong Kong Arbitration Developments
Mr. Benjamin Wong, Head of Transport & Industrial Sectors – InvestHK
Moderator: Mr. Dimitris Seirinakis, Head of Claims for Asia, Managing Director, Shanghai – American P&I Club
- Edward Liu, Legal Director – Hill Dickinson
- Arthur Bowring, President – Hong Kong Maritime Arbitration Group
- Rosita Lau, Partner – Ince & Co.
- Mr Lianjun Li, Partner – Reed Smith Richards Butler LLP
- Andrew Rigden, Green, Head of Arbitration (Greater China) – Stephenson Harwood
HONG KONG AS A FINANCING & CAPITAL RAISING HUB
Hong Kong has been one of the world’s most important financial centers. The panel will discuss Hong Kong’s role as a financial hub where international shipping companies can tap into bank financing, alternative financing, leasing and private equity while international investors can tap into opportunities
Moderator: Mr. Edward Liu, Legal Director – Hill Dickinson
- James Tong, Managing Director, Head, Asia Pacific & Japan, Global Shipping & Logistics, Head of Diversified Industrials China – Citi
- Jack Xu, Deputy Head of Shipping – CMB Financial Leasing Co.
- Kenneth Lam – Managing Director – Credit Agricole CIB
- Bao Weidong, Deputy General Manager – CSSC Shipping
- Julian Proctor, Managing Director – EnTrust Global
- Gautam Khurana, CFO – Precious Shipping
CHARTING CORPORATE STRATEGY IN A FAST-CHANGING INDUSTRY
Trade Flows & Focus, Growth & Consolidation, Diversification, Access to Capital
This panel comprised of senior executives of major Hong Kong based private and publicly listed companies will examine how they address critical operational and strategic issues and prepare for the future. East Asia has been the locomotive for global trade, so does regional trading focus provide a competitive advantage? Should companies focus on single or multiple sectors? Is consolidation feasible or inevitable in a fragmented and increasingly competitive industry? Does size create competitive operational or commercial advantages? How can they optimize their access to capital?
Moderator: Mr. Nicolas Brown, Communications Director – Bureau Veritas Marine & Offshore
- Mark Young, CEO – Asia Maritime Pacific
- Ding Lei, Deputy General Manager – China Merchants Energy Shipping Co., Ltd.
- Yang Xianxiang, Vice Chairman, Executive Director & CEO – SITC International Holdings Co.
- Edward Buttery, CEO – Taylor Maritime
- Wellington Koo, Executive Director – Valles Steamship Co.
NAVIGATING THROUGH INDUSTRY TRANSFORMATION
Green Shipping – Technology & Digitalization – Fleet Renewal – Regulation – Geopolitics – Implications for Shipping Companies and Investors
Shipowners need to renew their fleets against the backdrop of uncertainly regarding regulations, fuel types and engines. At the same time, the industry needs to comply with specific targets and timetable for carbon emissions reduction. Furthermore, issues related to Sustainability, Human Resources and Governance are among factors charterers look at in choosing their business partners. This panel will address the hot, practical, short and longer term challenges the industry is facing today, issues that every owner small or big has to face and address.
Moderator: Mr. Norbert Kray, Regional Manager Greater China – DNV GL
- Bing Chen, President & CEO – Atlas Corp.
- Vikrant Bhatia, CEO – KC Maritime Hong Kong
- Michael Fitzgerald, Deputy CFO & Member of Executive Committee – Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL)
- Mats Berglund, CEO/Executive Director – Pacific Basin Shipping Ltd.
- William Fairclough, Managing Director – Wah Kwong Maritime Transport Holding
INTERACT LIVE ONLINE IN REAL TIME WITH OUR FORUM SPEAKERS & PARTICIPANTS!
- PRESENTATIONS/PANEL SESSIONS WILL BE DELIVERED IN VIDEO FORMAT.
- View and listen to our Speakers from across the world!
- EXHIBITION HALL WITH 40+ DIGITAL BOOTHS!
- Visit our Sponsor booths to obtain the latest industry and financial reports, white papers, company videos, latest presentations and more
- All materials can be saved into your briefcase and reviewed at your convenience
- LIVE NETWORKING IN REAL TIME!
- Chat with your favorite speakers, sponsors and participants in real time!
- Visit the networking lounge to exchange ideas and to meet new contacts or say Hi to old friends
- REQUEST 1×1 MEETINGS WITH SHIPPING COMPANIES AND SPONSORS
- Shipping Company meetings reserved for institutional investors
- Meetings will be conducted by videoconferencing or conference calls