The September/ October issue of Greek Business File is out
This issue of Greek Business File went to press in the midst of the energy, recession risk and cost of living crisis that rattle all of Europe. Its focus could be no different. Our cover story is dedicated to the steps the Greek state has taken to deal with the energy crisis: on the supply and on the demand side.
We look into:
> the natural gas supplies secured,
> RES developed and planned
> the hydrogen prospect
> the forced return to lignite
> the prospect of offshore wind parks.
This issue hosts an Interview by Ricardo Amaro, Senior Eurozone Economist at Oxford Economics talking about “Recession fears in the Eurozone that cast long shadows on Greece”.
On the other departments of the issue:
• Antonia Moropoulou, Professor Emeritus at the National Technical University of Athens writes about AEI, the project that aims to “Revive small islands”.
• Simeon Diamantidis, President of SEVE, writes about “Safeguarding Greece’s competitiveness”.
• Dimitrios Buhalis, Visiting Professor at the School of Hotel and Tourism Management of the Hong Kong Polytechnic University explains how “Tourism becomes smarter”
• Angelos Kotios, Rector of the University of Piraeus and Gregory Chondrokoukis, Vice Rector of Research and Life Long Learning write about the “University of Piraeus and its close contact with the real economy”.
• Kerin Hope looks into “what’s at stake at the Alexandroupolis port privatisation”.
• Antonis Karamalegos writes about the “Port of Thessaloniki that strengthens its role in the Balkans and Southeastern Europe”.
• Vicky Kaliakou presents two promising Greek companies
– the Nafpaktos Textile Industry: The renaissance of textile manufacturing
– Flos SA and “Detergents that “bloom” in the midst of a crisis”, with an interview by CEO Kostas Papapanagiotou.
We also host an article and pictures from the Volos Museum and its “Two exhibitions marking 100 years from the Asia Minor Catastrophe”.
George Vailakis continues the tribute to the Greek Diaspora with the story of “The Greek community in Germany.”
In the Comments of GBF
• Our publisher, Alexandra C. Vovolini writes about “The importance of timing”
• Antonis Papagiannidis describes “Treading on thin ice”
• Anthony Kefalas presents “Energy: The First Hybrid War of the 21st Century ”
• Nick Papandreou talks about “The next six month”
Finally, in the Business History department we present:
• “Piraiki Patraiki: High-quality and affordable clothing for the Greeks ” by Lefteris Anastasakis, Vice President of Priority SA
• the story of “Georgios Stavros, the emblematic banking figure of Greece” by George Vailakis
*For checkout you will be redirected to the site of Nomiki Bibliothiki