“How to spend it”: The January/February 2021 issue of Greek Business File (GBF) is dominated by the great challenge of surviving the pandemic and building a sustainable future.
The well of the issue is dedicated to the Recovery and Resilience Plan (NRRP) of Greece.
The country is entitled to €32 billion in grants and cheap loans from EU’s Recovery and Resilience Facility. Investment and reform are the main ingredients of Greece’s NRRP.
The Cover story of GBF looks into the four pillars of the NRRP as laid out by the Greek government. Our featured articles focus on two promising domains:
- the modernization and digitalization of the Greek healthcare system and
- the green transition of the Greek country
Valia Aranitou, Associate Professor at the University of Crete and Aggelos Tsakanikas, Associate Professor of t Economic Evaluation of Technology debate on the priorities set by the Greek government.
This issue has the honor of hosting interviews with two prominent figures of the Greek financial sector:
- The governor of Yannis Stournaras, Governor of Bank of Greece, talks about the costs and benefits of the pandemic and sends a clear message: “Without further initiatives towards political integration Europe will stay behind”
- George Zavvos, deputy Minister of Finance, responsible for the Financial System, presents in a thorough way the government’s initiatives to reform the Greek Financial System. He outlines the meausres taken to and how the government responds to the mounting challenges brought by the pandemic.
Kerin Hope looks into the complicated landscape of the Greek- Russian relations, Russia’s economic footprint in Greece, the projects involved and the figures that stand out.
The first 2021 issue of GBF inaugurates two departments we are particularly proud of:
-The Bicentennial celebrates the 200 years of the Modern Greek state. In this issue, we present the fascinating story of Ioannis Varvakis, the pirate who became a national benefactor, an internationally famous figure that introduced caviar to the world.
– History in Perspective. Historian, author and archaeologist Photini Tomai gives an insight into some of the history’s major events. We start with the Holocaust Remembrance, the distinctive presence of the Greeks at Auschwitz-Birkenau and “The Greek Righteous among the Nations”
In the permanent columns of Greek Business File, we read about:
– The new “hot” trend of the post pandemic era in Tourism: holiday homes
– The inspiring story of Prisma Electronics
– The dynamic comeback of non-systemic banks
– The Retail Real Estate market in the aftermath of Covid-19
– The coming Greek bond issues
In our opinion columns:
– Antonis Papagiannidis talks about the “Need of willpower” to “be optimist in this part of the world, at this point in time”.
– Anthony Kefalas explores “The USA and the new geopolitical landscape”
– Nick Papandreou wonders “Can Facebook be controlled?”
In the Greek Spirit column Marina Lambraki-Plaka, director of the Greek National Gallery, talks to George Vailakis and calls us to “Be realist, look for the impossible”.
This is the first of the six GBF issues that will be published in 2021. The magazine took the daring decision to extend its publication, aiming to give international voice to every innovative, extrovert, dynamic actor of the Greek economy and society.
*For checkout you will be redirected to the site of Nomiki Bibliothiki