The summer issue of Greek Business File coincides with the end of lockdown and the return to a very difficult and peculiar “normalcy”.
- Nikos Vettas, General Director of IOBE (Foundation for Economics and Industrial Research) estimates that the recession will be very deep – around the levels of the first period of the adjustment programs – but insists that this new crisis is a challenge to transform the Greek economy.
- Alexander Kritikos, Professor of Economics at the University of Potsdam and Research Director at DIW Berlin, states that Greece cannot afford another decade of slow progress that is why this present crisis provides a second chance for Greece to break down old structures and create a new economic foundation.
- Konstantina Botsiou, Professor at the University of the Peloponnese, describes the Greek “battle” against the pandemic.
- Three Professors at London Business School (Andrea Galeotti, Paolo Surico, Elias Papaioannou) present their economic analysis on health policies to be followed keeping in mind that emerging markets and low-income countries will face a deep crisis.
- As the pandemic is seriously affecting US-China relations, Vasilis Trigkas, Research Fellow at Tsinghua University in China, explains why US and China are on the verge of a new Cold War.
- George Prevelakis, Professor Emeritus at the Sorbonne University, points out that Europe will soon face a demographic bomb from Africa with Eastern Mediterranean being the most important physical link between the two continents. He emphasizes that Turkey is challenging this- vital for Europe -maritime space protected by the Greek Islands, Crete and Cyprus in particular.
- Dimitris Fafalios, Chairman of Intercargo, in his interview, is certain that shipping companies will recover in a very short time, which is not the case for ferries and cruise vessels.
- Greek exports of fruits and vegetables have soared during the pandemic according to the latest data of the Hellenic Statistical Authority and Greek wines are getting on the road to success, as Konstantinos Lazarakis, W.S.P.C. Chairman, explains in his interview.
*For checkout you will be redirected to the site of Nomiki Bibliothiki
- Release date: June 2020 / No 126
- Publisher: Kerkyra Publications
- Language: English
- Pages: 76
- ISBN: 1109 1592 06
- Cover type: Soft Cover
- Release: 5000
- Editorial Director: Adam Kyra