The July/ August 2021 issue of Greek Business File is out.
Tourism, “Greece’s heavy industry”, is going through radical change. Covid-19 is only one reason.
Even before the pandemic crisis, many argued that it is time for a regenerative approach to tourism, to achieve increased wellbeing of the environment, the society and the economy.
Sustainable tourism, its potential, challenges and level of progress in Greece, is the cover story of the July/ August 2021 issue of Greek Business File.
- Stefano Dominioni, Executive Secretary of the Enlarged Partial Agreement on Cultural Routes of the Council of Europe
- Angela Gerekou, president of the Greek National Tourism Organisation and
- Markus Tressel, speaker for Tourism Policy of the Green party of Germany provide us an insight.
Sustainable tourism might be in part controversial. On the other hand, intense controversy has followed the decision of the Greek government to modernize the family law.
The Minister of Justice, Kostas Tsiaras, presents the new legal framework for “equal and joint custody” of children in case of a separation.
Pola Damianou, legal advisor of Active Dads and Marina Farmakidis-Markou, lawyer at Diotima Center debate over the impact of the law on Greek families.
Furthermore, in the July/ August 2021 of Greek Business File:
- Fotis Kourmousis, Special Secretary for private debt management at the Ministry of Finances explains the new rules for settling debts in Greece.
- Haralambos Fafalios, Chairman of the Greek Shipping Co-Operation Committee (GSCC) talks about the Covid-era heroes of the shipping industry and the challenges the shipping industry faces.
- Dr. Giorgos Konstantopoulos, President of the Greek Exporters Association (SEVE) explains why Greece rejects the new Nutri-Score food labelling system promoted by the EU
In our Investments department :
- K. Hope notes that “Hollywood discovers Greece” and
- V. Kaliakou tells us that “Israelis come back for business” in Thessaloniki
In an interview to G. Vailakis, Yiorgos Anagnostou, Director of the Modern Greek Program at the Ohio State University, talks about “Empowering Greek American & diaspora studies”.
In our Education department, Bill Papastergiadis, President of the Greek Community of Melbourne believes Greece an “Do it like Australia: the education factor”.
In the Bicentennial column we read the story of Efstathios Lampsas, the visionary hotelier, who became the soul of “Grande Bretagne”.
Photini Tomai writes about the Greek “Jeanne d’Arc of the French Resistance”, Eleni Vallianou (Ηélène Vagliano).
In our opinion columns:
- Antonis Papagiannidis warns we must learn “to live with successive pandemic waves”
- Anthony Kefalas argues that “Ignorance is no longer an excuse -Taking the recycle economy one step further”
- Nick Papandreou writes about “Femicide: a pandemic”
This issue also hosts an interesting article on the “Circular Economy Shift” written by one of the students that took part in 27th Economia Student Contest, E. Verma.
Finally, the GBF July/ August 2021 issue pays tribute to the industrialist and shipowner Constantinos Angelopoulos (1945–2021) and to Thanassis Lavidas(1948–2021), a major figure in the efforts of Greece to build a pharmaceutical industry.
*Για την ολοκλήρωση της αγοράς θα ανακατευθυνθείτε στο site της Νομικής Βιβλιοθήκης