The July/ August issue of Greek Business File is out
This issue of Greek Business File looks into the efforts made to make the Greek cities “smart”. It is a challenging task given local authorities have to adjust their ambitious plans to the realities of policy fragmentation, insufficient infrastructure and a very different mindset.
In the issue:
• Konstantinos Zervas, Mayor of Thessaloniki says that Smart Thessaloniki is “A realistic and feasible project”
• Moses Elisaf, Mayor of Ioannina talks about the city’s Ambitious Plans
• V. Kaliakou and Th. Iliadi present the projects underway in Athens, Katerini and Kalamata
• Antonis Mavropoulos, CEO of D-waste and advisor at the International Environmental Technology Centre presents the “Tilos: zero waste” project
• Pinelopi Chrysanthakopoulou, regional director for Greece and Cyprus at Optibus explains how “Greece’s buses can become smarter”
This issue hosts an Interview by Eleni Polychronopoulou, HEMEXPO President, on “The rise of the Greek Marine Equipment Manufacturers”.
• Panagiotis Karampinis, managing director of Endeavor Greece presents the latest study on Greek start ups and argues that “The Greek digital ecosystem grows stronger”
• Nikolaos Katsarakis, Rector of the Hellenic Mediterranean University presents HMU’s participation in the European ATHENA network and the “Potential multiplied by nine”
• Byron Nicolaides, founder of Peoplecert talks about the Proficiency in Ancient Greek!
In the tourism department:
• Kerin Hope writes about “Diving into the past”
• Dimitrios Pefanis writes about the “New hotels in Greece in deals that reach billions”
• Mika Kontorousi writes about “Travelling with pets: the new hot trend”
In the Greece produces department, V. Kaliakou writes about the Sakellaropoulos Organic Farms, a “Blessed land with unique products”.
George Vailakis continues the tribute to the Greek Diaspora with the story of “The Greek community in Austria”.
In the Comments of GBF
• Antonis Papagiannidis writes about “Greece: neither an isolated island nor the navel of the world ”
• Anthony Kefalas presents “Apocalyptic Scenarios and the great disconnect ”
• Nick Papandreou wonders “In Greece as in Italy?”
Finally, in the Business History department we present:
• “The remarkable achievement of the Greek Cement Industry” by Lefteris Anastasakis, Vice President of Priority SA
• The story of “Gustav Clauss: the founder of the first great wine industry”.
*For checkout you will be redirected to the site of Nomiki Bibliothiki